Pork & Leek Stew,viking Style
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 23mins
- 1 lb boneless pork
- 3 -4 short peices of bone with marrow
- 5 cups water
- 2 leeks
- 3 carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 teaspoon sage or 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 2 tablespoons fine oatmeal
- chop the meat into 2 inch cubes.
- put the chopped meat into a large saucepan along with the marrow bones and water.
- bring the contents of the saucepan to a boil.
- skim the fat from the surface.
- turn the heat down and cover pan with a lid.
- let the meat & bones simmer int the liquid for about 2 hours.
- wash & clean the leeks thoroughly.
- carefully chop the leeks into small rings.
- clean the carrots & chop them into small peices.
- peel the onion & cut in 1/2 the cut finely.
- clean celery & remove bad part of same.
- chop celery into small pieces.
- when the meat is almost cooked remove the marrow banes with a slotted spoon.
- add the chopped vegatebles and the sage or mixed herbs.
- let the stew simmer and a further 15 to 20 minuites or until the vegetibles are soft.
- skim fat ftom the stew then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!