Pork in Root Beer (Ginger Beer)
photo by Brian Holley
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork
- 1 onion, thickly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 4 ounces green beans, sliced
- 1 chili, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 1 zucchini, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 30 fluid ounces root beer
- 4 potatoes, thinly sliced
- In a large pan heat the butter and oil together, add the pork and onions, cook till pork is coloured. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all of the vegetables, crumble the stock cubes into the vegetables, stir again and dust with the flour, stir once more and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the root beer bring to the boil stirring the mix till the sauce begins to thicken.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and cover with the sliced potatoes.
- Cook till the meat is tender, about 40 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY