Pork Egg Rolls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are my infamous egg rolls that I would always make and keep stocked in my freezer. All my friends just love them and are constantly asking me to bring them some!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground pork
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shredded jicama
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shredded napa cabbage
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons liquid seasoning
- 2 eggs (Reserve one egg for sealing up the egg roll wrappers)
- 2 egg roll wraps, packages thaw out in room temperature for easy handling (25 wrappers in a package)
- sweet chili sauce (Optional for dipping)
- peanut oil, at 350 degrees f (for deep frying)
- 1. In a medium to large sized bowl, mix together all the ingredients together except for one egg. Make sure everything is incorporated.
- 2. Lay out one egg roll wrapper in front of you like a diamond.
- 3. Scoop out about 3 Tbsp of the filling and place across the middle of the wrapper.
- 4. Fold the point that is pointing at you up over the mixture.
- 5. Now fold the corner on the right over that, now the point on the left and begin to roll somewhat tightly until you almost get to the end.
- 6. Crack the egg in a small bowl and whisk. This is your glue to seal up the egg roll wrapper.
- 7. Take your finger or pastry brush and brush it along the edges. After that is done, roll the wrapper all the way.
- 8. Heat up the peanut oil at 350 degrees F. Make sure its not too hot.
- 9. Deep fry the egg rolls in batches of 4-6 for 8-10 minutes or until they are golden brown. Place on paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- 10. Let it cool for several minutes before serving.
- 11. Serve with Sweet Chili dipping sauce or any sauce you prefer.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION