Pork Cutlet Parmigiana
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- With a meat mallet, pound pork into thin patties.
- In a shallow dish beat egg, in another shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs and seasoning.
- Dip each pork medallion into beaten egg and then into bread crumbs.
- Fry over med hi heat till browned- it does not need to be fully cooked.
- In a 9 X 13 baking dish, put in 1 cup sauce and half the pork, top with half of the cheese. Top with half the remaining sauce. Repeat again for balance of ingredients.
- Bake covered at 350 for 1/2 hour, remove top and bake 10 more minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
Questions & Replies
Put boneless pork loin in freezer for 1 hour. Slice the loin into 1/4 inch or so cutlets. Place cutlets between 2 pieces of wax paper and beat to about 1/8 inch or less with rubber mallet. Preheat oven to 375 and preferably convection. Coat with seasoned flour and then dip into beaten eggs and then into Italian seasoned Progresso Bread Crumbs. Fry in medium/high oil, but don't allow to get too dark. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels. Place on baking tray sprayed thinly with Pam or similar. Coat top of cutlet with about 1 tablespoon on marinara sauce. Then sprinkle enough parmesan to cover thinly, similarly with mozzarella, and finally one slice of provolone or asiago. Heat until bubbly about 9-10 minutes. I don't make a big tray, but separate servings and it is great.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have been in manufacuting for over 20 years and love it, I tried to stay away for a while but realised its a daily goal that brings much satisfaction to me and I want to keep improving it every day. I have the most wonderful husband anyone could ask for and a beautiful daughter at home and a son on his on (mostly) and they gave me a beautiful new grandson in June. I live in Moses Lake, WA and enjoy hiking, camping, fishing and four wheeling. I love the zaar and find something new each time I visit. Join me in any thread, my sharp wit is known to all! <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/BtoBHosts.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket" /> <br /><img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/herbssticker1.jpg" alt="" /></p>