Pork Cottage Roll & Cabbage
This is a very basic recipe I am posting by request; it is one of my family's favorites.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (3 lb) cottage roll
- 1 large onion, halved
- 3 carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 1⁄2 - 1 head cabbage (whatever you need)
- 1⁄3 cup honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Put cottage roll in large pot or dutch oven; add onion, carrots, bay leaves, and peppercorns.
- Cover with water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat and simmer for 1 to 1-1/2 hours, depending on the size of the roast.
- Remove meat from liquid and place in a baking pan; brush with honey mustard and brown sugar mixed to a paste. Reserve the liquid to cook the cabbage.
- Place roast in the oven, just on "warm" while you cook the cabbage.
- Thinly slice cabbage and cook in the liquid that the roast was in for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until desired tenderness.
- Good served with boiled new potatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation