Pork Chops With Sour Cream Dill Sauce
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 large sirloin pork chops (each about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup canned low sodium chicken broth, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Place 1/3 cup flour in shallow bowl.
- Coat pork chops with flour, shaking off excess.
- Add to skillet and cook until brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to platter.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet.
- Add onion to skillet and sauté until light golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add paprika and crushed garlic clove and stir 30 seconds.
- Mix in 3/4 cup chicken broth, marjoram and caraway seeds.
- Simmer 3 minutes.
- Return pork chops to skillet.
- Cover and simmer until pork chops are almost cooked through, adding more chicken broth by tablespoonfuls if liquid evaporates, about 10 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Whisk 1 cup sour cream, chopped fresh dill and remaining 1 tablespoon flour in small bowl to blend.
- Add to skillet and stir until pork chops are tender and sauce thickens, about 5 minutes (do not boil).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It's so hard to rate a recipe that I am not absolutely knocked out with! This is one of them. I find that pork chops, in order to be fork tender need a big whack of time cooked slowly in a liquid, and maybe had I cooked these longer, they would have been better. There also wasn't as much flavour to the sauce as I expected given the ingredients. But hey! I've eaten much worse in my day! I'd be anxious to hear other opinions.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hi all - I have been member of Recipezaar for a while now. I work as an executive assistant. I love to read - read everything, but scifi/fantasy is a particular favorite. Am actually a pretty easily amused and satisfied soul....am pretty much happy all the time.