Pork Chops With Puttanesca Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4 pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 19 ounces tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- Slash the edges of the pork chops to prevent curling.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat and brown the pork.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Drain the fat from the pan and add the remaining oil.
- Cook the onion, garlic, pepper, red pepper flakes and salt over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the olives and capers and bring to a boil, stirring and scraping up the brown bits.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Return the chops and any juices to the pan and add the basil.
- Cover and simmer until the juices run clear when the pork is pierced and just a hint of pink remains inside, about 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live with my husband, four cats, and a sweet mutt named Jada in Scarborough, Ontario, where I work as an elementary school administrative assistant. I have a 31 year old daughter who lives with her boyfriend in nearby Don Mills, along with my sweet granddogs, Frankie and Turbo. I would have to say that my passion is animals, since I have so many of them! <br /><img src=http://images.quizilla.com/H/h0t5auce/1108834307_brown_answer.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/532663/cookswithcattitude.JPG alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/CalendarGirlsSwap2009.jpg alt= /> <br /><br />If I had a month off work to do what I please, I would first catch up on my sleep and then just have fun - see a few movies and maybe take a couple of short trips - something that wouldn't break the bank - lol!</p>