Pork Chops With Braised Red Cabbage
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 small head red cabbage, thinly sliced (about 1 lb)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill sprig
- 1 braeburn apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (optional)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in skillet over medium heat. Season the pork with the curry, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook until browned and cooked through 6-8 minutes per side.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil in a second skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the cabbage, vinegar, 2 tbsp water, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, and apple, if using. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the cabbage is just tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Fold in the dill and serve with pork.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a Yankee transplant to the low country. My mom was English, so my cooking style reflects this. My favorite cookbook was McCall's Cookbook which is no longer in print. I've been married to a gourmand for 41 years, so I get lots of practice cooking. We have three daughters that I share recipes with and seven grandchildren -- none old enough to cook yet, but I think we have some budding chefs!</p>