Pork Chops in Black Beans
- Ready In:
- 2 pork chops, boneless
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- sprinkle chops with a little salt and chili powder, sear both sides in a super-hot pan
- Rinse a can of black beans and pour it over the top.
- Pour a 1/2 cup of your favorite salsa on top of this.
- Cover with a lid.
- turn the heat down to low and cook for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the chop, they can also be put in the oven at about 325 for 20 minutes or so if you prefer, or if they're really thick.
- When they come out, sprinkle some sharp cheddar and chopped green onion on them.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was really good. After pan searing it I put it in a casserole dish over the black beans then added about 1 1/2 cups of salsa. I also added a can of rotell (drained) to give it an extra kick. Cooked for about 30 minutes at 325 (Used 3 cans of beans (drained) and about 9 chops) topped it with a white cheese blend and the onions and served over a bed of rice. Very simple and did not have to watch it once all prep work was done. Very juicy