- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 pork chops, 1-1/2 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup beer, room temperature
- Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Lightly flour chops and saute 2-3 minutes until browned on both sides.
- Transfer pork chops to a platter.
- Add mushrooms and thyme to pan and saute 1 minute.
- Return pork chops to skillet, add beer and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes until pork is just cooked throughout.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made some changes, but loved the results so you get 5 stars from me. I added salt & pepper to the flour to dredge the pork chops. Added an onion & garlic along with the mushrooms and mixed a can of cream of mushroom soup with the cup of beer. I did this in an electric skillet and turned it way down and simmered about 35-45 minutes. Terrific taste and very tender chops. DH declared this one a hit. Thank you!!!