Pork & Asparagus Stir Fry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From May Cooking Light
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sake (rice wine) or 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into strips
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 small white onions, sliced or 1/3 cup white onion
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) envelopes Uncle Ben's converted brand rice
- Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, sake, and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add pork and toss to coat. Combine 1 remaining 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch & 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce and stock in a small bowl.
- Heat wok or large skillet over high heat. Add canola oil; swirl to coat. add garlic and ginger. stir fry 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add pork mixture to pan; stir fry 3 minutes or until browned. add bell pepper, onion, and asparagus; stir fry 3 minutes until crisp tender. Add stock mixture and salt; bring to a boil. Cook 2 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Prepare rice according to package instructions. Serve pork mixture over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION