Pork, Apple and Cheddar Meatballs With Egg Noodles
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 cup coarsely grated cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 small tart apple, peeled and grated (granny smith)
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, to apples and onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheets with foil, grease with butter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pork, apple, onion, garlic, egg, italian seasoning, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, cheese and ancho chile pepper. Shape into 16 balls (I use a an ice cream scoop) and place on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes until done.
- Meanwhile in a pot of salted water, cook the noodles until al dente. Drain, return to pot and toss with butter and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide noodles onto 4 plates and top each plate with 4 meatballs.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!