Pork and Potato Bake
photo by Breezytoo
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- Brown pork chops in shortening; season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, layer onions and potatoes in an 8-inch square baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour chicken gravy over potatoes.
- Arrange chops over mixture. Cover with foil.
- Bake in a 375° oven for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until potatoes and chops are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was quick and easy but my chops came out a bit tougher than what I expected -- the potatoes were a huge hit and were even better the day after for lunch! I would recommend spraying the baking dish with cooking spray as I found my potatoes sort of stuck to the bottom of the pan - otherwise perfect. We served with brown-sugar carrots and you would have thought my mother was the one who made supper last night!
This is a simple, but tasty and easy meal! The pork chops cook up so tender and moist and there's plenty of gravy for the potatoes! I omitted using the shortening for browning the chops and just used a shot of cooking spray instead. Next time I'll add a couple more potatoes to go with all that gravy. Thank you for a quick and easy recipe I'll make again! :)