Pork and Marsala
photo by Sherrybeth
- Ready In:
- Mix flour, salt, pepper and coat the pork steaks with the mixture.
- Put olive oil and butter in a frying pan and heat until bubbling.
- Add steaks to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes each side (or until cooked as you prefer).
- Remove steaks from pan and put to one side.
- Add marsala to the oil in the pan.
- Allow alcohol to boil off and reduce heat.
- Add cream and stir until the sauce is of an even consistency.
- Place the cooked steaks back into the pan and cover with sauce, allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Add chives just before removing from the heat and serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I love veal marsala as well- but same reasons I stopped buying veal. I buy instead extra thin cut pork cutlets, scallopine style- and soak them in milk overnight- it tenderizes them & gives them a "veal" flavor... I also added about 1lb of mushrooms & increased the wine. I serve with fettuicine & asparagus... superb!!
Very tasty and surprisingly easy. The only reason I am not giving it the full five stars is because the sauce doesn't seem to cope well with extra veggies and things being added. Not to worry, the recipe never said it would, this is just my preference. I will definitely make this again, leaving out the extra veggies I wanted - or at least adding them on the side and doubling the amount of sauce! Thank you David!