Beefy meatball patties rolled in rice and cooked in tomato sauce. Not gourmet, but something a little different.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 (26 ounce) jar Prego spaghetti sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- Mix together: beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, paprika, and green pepper.
- Form into balls using about 1/3 cup meat mixture for each.
- Roll each ball in rice to coat lightly, then flatten somewhat to form thick patties.
- Heat Prego and chili powder in deep saucepan.
- Add patties to sauce, making sure there is sauce all over the patties (otherwise your rice will not cook well and will be crunchy--yuk).
- Cook covered over medium heat until done (about 45 minutes), turning patties as needed to keep well covered in sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION