Porcupine Meatballs Ala Sooz
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef, shopping list
- 1⁄4 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup, divided
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine ground beef, rice, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and 1/4 cup of the tomato soup. Mix well.
- Shape mixture into about 20 small meatballs.
- Place meatballs in a large soup pan with a lid.
- Mix rest of soup, water, and Worcestershire in a small bowl; pour over meatballs.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover; and simmer 30 - 40 mintes or until meatballs are cooked and rice is soft, stirring often.
- Serve over rice, mashed potatoes, or even egg noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up in Tucson but moved to Colorado in 1989 and live in a household with my husband, Dad, daughter and 3-year old twin granddaughters. Our 8-year old grandson spends 2 nights a week with us. All of that adds up to often difficult menu ideas to met everyone's tastes. Zaar is very addicting and I love trying the recipes I find here. I like to find recipes of people that I see are still active on Zaar and love it when I hear back from the Chef after I review the recipe. Everytime someone reviews one of my recipes, I like to find one of theirs to make and review as quickly as possible. It's a way for me to find great chefs I don't know yet too! My husband has high blood sugar so we try to watch our carbs, but it is not easy because we love them so much! I was diagnosed with brain tumors in 2005 and so far have had 5 surgeries that have left my eyelid droopy. I hope to have a surgery that will correct that soon!! There is still one tumor they have not removed but my wonderful doctor James Garrity at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN says they will leave it alone until or if it ever causes problems!