Porcini-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 (2 -3 lb) center-cut well-trimmed beef tenderloin roast
- 3⁄4 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- place porcini mushrooms in food processor or mini chopper; process until finely ground. Combine ground mushrooms, oil, cheese, pepper, and garlic in small bowl. Press mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- prepare grill for indirect cooking by igniting an equal number of charcoal briquets on each side of the fire grate, leaving open space in center. when coals are medium, ash-covered (bout 25-30minutes), add 3-4 new briquets to each side. place aluminum foil drip pan in center of grate between coals. position cooking grid with handles over coals so briquets may be added as needed.
- place roast on grid directly over one side of medium, ash-covered coals, sear, uncovered, 5 minutes or until bottom of roast is browned. turn roast over and place in center of grid directly over drip pan. grill, covered, 35-45 minutes for medium rare, 45-60 minutes for medium doneness, turning occasionally. (add 3-4briquets per side every 30 minutes to maintain heat level.).
- remove roast when internal temp is 135 degrees for med rare, 150 for medium. transfer to carving board and tent loosly with tinfoil. let sit 10 -15 minutes. carve and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!