- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 2 chili peppers, seeded and minced (use any hot pepper you like)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups beef stock
- 30 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cumin (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- cayenne pepper
- black pepper
- brown beef in a large skillet, drain and put in a large pot.
- heat olive oil, saute onions and peppers a few minutes until translucent, add to meat.
- add spices and tomatoes with broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 2 hours stirring occasionally. add liquid as desired.
- for the last 30 minutes- hour add the beans.
- serve with cheese, sour cream, onion, crackers, etc.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in MI with my family and am always on the lookout for new tasty recipes that even my toddler will like. He loves meat and pasta, most fruit and is getting better about veggies. I cook every meal 7 days a week, with the occasional lunch or dinner out (very occasional!) but I love cooking so it's not a bad thing to me. <br> <br>I am a big sweets eater and recently got an ice cream maker so I have been whipping up lots of ice cream. My favorite so far has been Ben and Jerry's heath bar crunch, it's so creamy and only lasts 2 days in this house! Other baked goods and homemade bread are favorites too, though not much bread gets baked in the summer. <br> <br>I hate doing dishes! We are currently house hunting and a dishwasher is a must (we don't have one right now). Luckily my dh is pretty good about helping out with the dishes :) <br> <br>I know it seems like I give lots of good reviews, but there is a good reason: I know what we like, so I pick dishes I think we will like, and often we do. If i give a review of a recipe with no stars it's because I think I did something wrong usually so that's why it didn't come out right. Or if something has excellent ratings and I don't like it, I don't want to ruin that, because obviously I didn't like something, but that's not a refection of the actual recipe! <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <br> <br>I dislike when people don't make the recipe correctly and give it a bad review. Ok, if you change one or two small things, fine, but if you make major changes, not ok. And when people give a bad review because it was good, but not what they are looking for? Sorry, but I don't get that. YOU picked it, if it tastes good but wasn't what you were looking for, not the recipe's fault :)