Popovers- Sweet for Breakfast
- Ready In:
- Melt butter in 4 cup measuring bowl in microwave.
- Then add eggs, vanilla and milk, beat with whisk until just combined.
- Add flour, sugar and salt all at once, beat until combined, but may still have a few lumps.
- Generously spray butter flavor Pam on a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Pour mixture into muffin pan, each about 1/2 full.
- Place into COLD oven on bottom rack, remove other rack to allow for popping!
- Set oven to 425 degrees and bake for 20 min, turn off oven, open and close door for a quick cool off, then allow to set for about 5 more minutes in the off oven.
- They will be soft on the inside, brown on the outside.
- Enjoy with lots of honey!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
this was both my first attempt at making popovers and eating them. These were okay. I wasn't fond of the eggy taste as I thought I would be. Picky 3-year-old ate half of one - which is great for her considering she doesn't usually try something new. Thanks for posting, but I don't think I'll be making these any more.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in beautiful central califonia, but grew up in the cold of colorado!! I am an RN, IBCLC and look for food with a typical quick prep, and LOVE my crockpot. I love all types of food, from the fancy to the local taco stand- it's all good and a pet peeve would be the food snobs of the world.