Popover Chicken Tarragon
photo by svkramer49
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- Brown chicken pieces in the 2 T. oil; season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place chicken pieces in a well greased 13x9 baking dish.
- In mixing bowl beat eggs; blend in the 1 1/2 cups milk and the 1 T. oil.
- Stir together flour, slat, and tarragon.
- Add to egg mixture; beat till smooth.
- Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 till done, 55 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan stir together soup, the 1/3 cup milk, mushrooms and parsley.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Pass the sauce with chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a favorite of mine. I've been making it for years. I made it last night, although I couldn't find my BH&G casserole cookbook and had to use the recipe in the regular red & white BH&G cookbook (which didn't have the sauce recipe). I've uploaded a photo of the results which will hopefully appear soon.<br/><br/>I use cut up boneless/skinless chicken breast, both to save calories and because that's what we always have on hand. It's a great, super-easy recipe.
I grew up eating this dish my mother used to make. It was from a BH&G cookbook. The tarragon really pulls the recipe together. I was happy to find it here and made it last week. Brought back some nice memories of fighting with my sister for the pieces that were stuck to the side of the pan, lol. Thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>