Pon Pon Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- 10 bean thread sheets (optional)
- 2 cucumbers, sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed paste or 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot chili sauce (optional)
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Poach or steam chicken over medium heat for approximately 10-12 minutes until done.
- Remove and let cool.
- Then shred or cut into match size strips.
- Set aside.
- Peel and cut cucumbers lengthwise into half, then slice into thin strips.
- Mix with 1/2 T salt in a large bowl and slightly squeeze for a minute.
- Drain well and place evenly on a platter.
- In a saucepan, add dressing mix and bring to a slow boil while stirring.
- Add stock or water if needed.
- Finally, slightly thicken.
- Transfer dressing to a container and store until needed.
- To serve, place chicken strips on top of pickled cucumber and pour dressing over top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Mother of 4, grandmother of 3.... <br /> <br />One of my favorite authors is Kipling, he had a way with words... <br />...when the moon gets up and night comes, he is the Cat that walks by himself, and all places are alike to him.... <br />Rudyard Kipling</p>