Pomarola Sausages - Argentinean Way
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 sausages
- 2 small onions (or 1 big onion)
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 3 overripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine (or 3.5 ozs)
- Wash the onions and cut them into fine julienne.
- Remove the seeds from the red and green peppers and slice them thinly.
- Wash and discard the bad parts of green onions.
- Chop it.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep skillet, and cook all the previously cut ingredients until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Put the tomatoes in boiling water until the skin is loose.
- Take them from the water and chop them.
- Incorporate them to the skillet and add salt and pepper.
- Keep cooking at medium temperature.
- I recommend puncturing and boiling the sausages in water for 15 minutes, before adding them to the other ingredients in the skillet.
- This will help to leave the fat on the water and not on the sauce.
- Wash the sausages and puncture with a fork in several places, to prevent them from explosion during cooking.
- Add the sausages to the skillet with the wine and simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or only 10 minutes if you previously boiled the sausages in water.
- That's it!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation