- Ready In:
- 6 chicken breasts (cook as per instructions and cut into 1/2 inch portions)
- 1⁄2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon seasoning (Use complete season or what you like)
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper
- Prepare a hot frying pan for frying the chicken breast. Place 2 Tablespoons of corn oil In the frying pan over a medium to high flame.
- Coat or Dress the chicken breast with powdered seasoning (not bread-crumbs). You can use Maggi complete seasoning, Adobo or similar powdered “all season”.
- Fry the chicken breasts for about 3 minutes each side. Add ½ cup of water and the ½ chicken broth cube by breaking it into a powder with your fingers over the pan. Place a lid over you pan and cook on a low to medium flame for an additional 8 minutes. Turn off and remove chicken breasts (save the broth or liquid contents that is in the pan for later use). You may want to place the chicken on a paper towel covered plate to drain off the oil. Cut the breasts into portions or ½ inch cubes / strips.
- In a new frying pan add the other Tablespoon of Corn oil and place over a low flame.
- Fry the chopped onions for 2 to 3 minutes. Now add the cumin, oregano and the liquid you have reserved from when you fried the chicken breasts. Also add red wine and 1 teaspoon of fresh lime-juice. Cook or simmer on a low flame for a few minutes, sufficient to blend and integrate everything in the pan and evaporate some of the water. Turn off and allow to cool down.
- In a mixing bowl, add the ½ cup of mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon of lime juice, raisins, 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and salt & pepper to taste.
- Add this mayonnaise mixture in your bowl to the pan and mix well.
- Your crazy Dominican chicken is ready.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The creaminess and combination of flavors create a taste explosion that is only culminated by the dancing swirls of aromas wafting in the air as you prepare this dish. I did however boil my chicken breast in seasoned water instead of pan frying it. After boiling the chicken breast I shredded and followed the rest of the steps.