2. In a large pot fill with water (enough to cover chicken) bring to a boil and add 1 tablespoon of salt.
3. Once its boling add chicken to water and turn down to medium heat let cook for 45 minutes.
4. After 45 minutes drain the chicken, do not reuse this water dump it, and let chicken cool a bit. When cool enough cut larger peices (ie breasts) into half peices.
5. Now fill the same pot with water, again enough to cover the chicken, make sure it is no more water then necessary.
6. Add all the rest of the ingredients to the water except the chicken! So add the potato peices, sofrito, (if you do not know how to make sofrito use recaito by goya a 12 oz can and you're pouring about the whole can in leave about 1.5 inches of it in the jar.yes it seems like a lot but its not) the 8 oz can of tomato sauce, 5 mazanilla olives, 2 bay leaves, 2 teaspoons olive oil, diced green pepper, 2 sazon goya, 2 tablespoons chicken bullion, and 1 tablespoon of salt.okay! Bring all of this to a boil.
7. Once fully boiling, add the chicken.
8. Turn to medium heat, cover and let cook for one hour.