Pollo En Mole (Chicken in Mole Sauce)
A chicken dish from the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico. I found it on a website stating that it came from a family in Cancun.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 warm flour tortillas
- Wash chicken and cut into large chunks.
- Place in a pot with enough water to cover the chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer on medium for about 15 minutes.
- Remove all of the broth and add back 1 cup of that broth to the pot.
- Mix together the peanut butter, chocolate syrup, chili powder, tomato sauce, cloves, cinnamon, paprika and salt in a bowl and then add to the pot. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My Spanish teacher made us do a Spanish cooking show project so he laid out different recipes on the table so we can choose one for our project. He told me everybody loved it last year so I decided to make it. when I was almost finish making the recipe I decided to taste it and I hated it. I think its because I prefer Mexican chili mole since I'm a chili addict.Reply
This was good, but I thought it needed something else - just couldn't quite put my finger on what. Maybe some sugar or more salt? Maybe more seasoning in general (other than the chili powder, which was plenty)... Otherwise, this was super easy and quick to throw together. Made a nice soft taco with some lettuce and sour cream. Thanks for posting!Reply
this is an amazingly simple recipe and tastes great! it was my husband's first time having mole (and my hundredth) and he absolutely loved it. i added a lot more chocolate and doubled the recipe because i like a lot of sauce (i serve it over rice). i'm going to use it to make mole enchiladas tonight. thanks for sharing.1Reply
see 6 more