Pollo Al Ajillo (Chicken and Garlic)
Recipe from all recipes
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (3 lb) whole chickens, cut into pieces
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 18 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped fresh
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup port wine
- In a large covered skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken in oil until browned on all sides.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Arrange potatoes in the skillet to cover the bottom.
- Scatter garlic cloves over potatoes.
- Place chicken on top of garlic and potatoes.
- Sprinkle pepper, salt, and parsley over chicken.
- Pour sherry and port over all.
- Cover, and simmer over low heat until potatoes and chicken are cooked through, approximately 45 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Other than the pain of peeling garlic cloves, this is pretty easy to put together. It is a bit like the French coq au vin. The only thing I would change is maybe doing the sherry/port mix 50-50. Couldn't taste the port. I used Yukon Golds and left the peels on, which worked fine. Made for ZWT8.Reply