Polish Style Lasagna
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions.
- Drain, pat dry and interleave in a damp towel to keep moist OR spray each noodle with cooking spray OR lightly apply some oil.
- In a separate large skillet over medium heat, combine the onions with the butter and saute for 5 minutes.
- Prepare the instant mashed potatoes according to package directions, but omit the milk.
- Stir in the cream cheese until well blended.
- Place 3 noodles in the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Spread 1/2 the potato mixture over the noodles in the dish.
- Top this with 3 more noodles, followed by the other 1/2 of the potato mixture.
- Finish by topping with the remaining 3 noodles, then top those with sauteed onions.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 minutes, or until bubbly. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before cutting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the Pacific Northwest US. I am a sophomore in high school, and I love to cook/bake. I have a fairly large family (4 brothers and 4 sisters) and we're all big eaters, so I enjoy the challenge of finding recipes to feed us all. In my free time (of which there is little), I am in 4-H with my dairy goats, and I'm the president of the club - I am also a teen leader, and I'm thinking about joining the state council. I am very active in politics and activism, and I am a member of the Washington State Young Democrats. I have played the piano for 6.5 years and the cello for 2 years. I am taking 2 classes at the local high school this year: Acting Techniques and Honors Humanities. I sing in my church choir, and I love music (I have been known to listen to love songs for hours). My passions are reading and writing. I am in a homeschool orchestra with my cello, and a homeschool chess club. I am classified as a nerd. :P I want to do running start my last two years of high school, and attend Duke or Stanford or some big college to get my PhD in counseling psychology. I'm a hopeless romantic. I love old and vintage things. I just recently became a vegetarian. I really would like to become vegan, but my financial resources are very limited right now and I can't afford it. Once I move out of my parents' house and have a job, I'll make the switch. I am really a very liberal Christian (I'm a theistic evolutionist, a feminist, I accept other religions, and I believe homosexuality is ok), and I'm very vocal about my opinions, which gets me in trouble a lot at the Baptist church I go to. I love debating. I hate any war, for whatever reason, and I am thrilled that Obama won. YAY!!! I'm taken by the most amazing guy ever. Even though we are totally different (I'm Protestant, he's Catholic; I'm a liberal Democrat, he's a conservative Republican; I'm very outgoing and loud; he's typically shy and quiet), I am totally, madly in love with him. Sorry, boys. ;) Anything else? Ask me. :D