Polish Nothing Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Simple and heart warming- a soup of the poor who made use of everything left in the cupboard.
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 quart milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional) or 1 dash nutmeg (optional)
- in large bowl beat yolks with 3 T of the sugar until very fluffy.
- with clean beaters beat the egg whites until frothy gradually beat in remaining sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks just form.
- heat milk over medium heat in a deep 10 in skillet or 6 quart pot just heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- drop beaten egg whites by spoon fulls into hot milk. cook until the egg whites spoon drops (called kisses) are set and firm to the touch about 5 minutes.
- remove the kisses with slotted spoon onto wax paper.
- stirring constantly gradually add hot milk into the egg yolks.
- strain mixture into the sauce pan add extract and salt cook over medium low heat about 3 minutes until thickened and will coat a soup spoon.
- serve soup with 2 or 3 kisses atop each serving sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.
- can be served hot or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION