Polish Baked Ham (Szynka Pieczona)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 6 lbs semi-boneless cooked ham
- 6 pineapple rings (or more)
- 1 1⁄2 cups ginger ale
- 6 maraschino cherries (or more)
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 cup brown sugar
- whole cloves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Score ham.
- Place pineapple rings and cherries on ham, fastening with wooden picks and pierce with cloves.
- Put ham in a baking pan and pour ginger ale over it.
- Bake in oven for 1 1/2 hours. Baste every 1/2 hour with the juice from the pan. Remove ham from the oven.
- Make a paste out of the mustard and sugar, using pan liquid to get a spreadable consistency. Spread on ham.
- Raise temperature to 400 degrees and bake for 15 more minutes, until browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Pescetarian. Musician. Cook. Bartender. Wannabe gardener. I aspire to be a rock star and a farmer.