Polenta With Porcini Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Using porcini makes this dish very rich, don't be tempted to sub if you cannot find them.
- Ready In:
For the polenta
- 150 g instant polenta
- 75 g taleggio
For the sauce
- 10 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 325 g mixed fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- soak the dried mushrooms in 150ml boiling water for 10 minutes.
- heat 1 litre of water in a pan, bring to boil and add polenta, constantly stirring until thick and creamy (about 5 mins).
- remove rind from cheese, chop and add to polenta. Keep polenta warm.
- Heat oil and fry fresh mushrooms for 4 mins, add garlic and fry for another minute.
- chop porcini and add the mushrooms and liquor to the pan, add the tomatoes and herbs, seasoning if desired cook for 5 minutes.
- put polenta in bowl and pour sauce over top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION