Polenta Crusted Bacon Goat Cheese Arrotondares Con #Ragu
photo by MTV88
- Ready In:
8 2 per serving
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crisp, drained and chopped
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese, reserve one tablespoon for garnish
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped baby arugula, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup quick cook polenta
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup Ragú® Pasta Sauce (cheese creations parmesan and romano sauce)
- In a medium bowl, combine bacon, goat cheese, romano cheese and 2 tablespoons of chopped arugula. Use heaping tablespoons to form 8 cheese balls. (Note: if the cheese is too soft to roll, refrigerate about 15 minutes until firm).
- Use 3 small bowls - In the first bowl put the ¼ cup flour. In the second bowl add egg and beat well. In the third bowl combine polenta and breadcrumbs. Coat each ball with flour, then egg then polenta/breadcrumb mixture and place on a plate. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In a medium pot, heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry 4 balls at a time 1-2 minutes until light golden brown, remove and drain on paper towels.
- In a small sauce pan, heat Ragu sauce with remaining chopped arugula (reserving about a teaspoon of arugula for garnish). Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Spoon sauce onto deep dish platter, top with cheese balls, sprinkle with remaining romano cheese and remaining arugula. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 8 more reviews