Polenta Artichoke Cubes
photo by Ammie Cook in Deuts
- Ready In:
- 150 g instant polenta
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 50 g grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts, canned
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 100 g salami, sliced
- 60 toothpicks
- Cook instant polenta in salted water according to package instructions.
- Mix in ground nutmeg, butter and parmesan cheese.
- Remove from stove top and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased, rectangular casserole dish. The polenta should be about 1 inch thick in the dish.
- Cover and refrigerate the casserole dish overnight or atleast until set and well-chilled.
- When polenta is set, cut polenta into 1 inch cubes.
- Gently remove polenta cubes from casserole dish.
- You can now brown them briefly in hot butter in a pan, or skip this step (for a lower-fat version) and stick a toothpick into each cube.
- Drain artichoke hearts and sun-dried tomatoes on papertowels.
- To assemble appetizers:.
- Add a piece of salami to each toothpick.
- Then put a sun-dried tomato on each toothpick. Cut larger tomatoes in half or in quarters, if needed.
- Top off with an artichoke heart. Artichoke hearts can also be halved or quartered, if needed.
- Arrange attractively on a platter before serving.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!