Pol Martin- Chicken With Shallot Sauce
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 dry shallots, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock, heated
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 lime (juice of)
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- heat half of butter in frying pan over medium heat.
- add chicken, and season with salt and black pepper, continue cooking for 4 minutes.
- turn chicken over and cook for 5 minutes.
- set chicken pan aside.
- in a clean saute pan add remaining butter over medium heat.
- add shallots, basil, parsley, and wine.
- cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- stir in chicken stock, brown sugar, and lime juice, cook for 6 minutes over low heat.
- dissolve cornstarch in 3 tablespoons of cold water.
- stir into the chicken broth sauce, and quickly bring to a boil, cook for 1 minute.
- place chicken in sauce and simmer for 2 minutes over low heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a really nice. easy to make chicken dish. I cooked the chicken and then removed it from the pan to keep warm. I wanted to use the same pan to pick up some of the brown bits from the chicken when making the sauce. I had to add a little more chicken broth because I wanted a little more sauce. I served this with recipe #362935 and recipe #253823. Great dinner. Made for ZWT5
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #28* Fixed 1/2 recipe with 2 chicken breasts for DH and me. You did not list butter in ingredients, so I used about 2 TBsp and a little olive oil. Also, just removed the chicken in Step 4, and used the same pan for the shallots and sauce ingredients. It was tasty but not extraordinary -- made with mashed potatoes and marinated green veggie salad. Thanks for posting, daisygrl64.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook. ?Lately I have been baking a lot of bread, pizza dough and sweets. ?I have been a member for many years, and this site is where I come to for something new or old. ?I am hoping to soon add more recipes to my collection.