Point Reyes Original Blue Tomato Salad
photo by BarbryT
- Ready In:
- Slice the tomatoes into 1/2-inch thick slices and arrange 2 or 3 slices on individual salad plates.
- Season the slices with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the onions in a bowl, squeeze the lemon over them and marinate for about 5 minutes.
- Top the tomatoes with some of the blue cheese, marinated onions and fresh basil.
- Drizzle each plate with oil and vinegar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Five stars all the way! I used my first tomatoes (one yellow and one red) to make this dish. I loved the combination of the sweetness of the tomatoes, the bite of the red onion, the creaminess of the bleu cheese and the peppery basil. Perfect combination! Thanks so much for sharing! Made for Beverage Tag.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota and moved to Ohio in 1978. It was quite a culture shock going from the city to living next to the Amish. I spend most of my time cooking, cleaning and caring for my four kids. I have abandoned cookbooks and now cook from favorite, wilted recipe pages and the internet. I fell in love with my Italian family recipes (Scavo, Rotella, Scalzo, Micelli, Grande, Gigliotti) and my Mom's homecooked meals.