Pocket Peach Cake (Pillsbury)
photo by mums the word
- Ready In:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches, sliced, well drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Generously grease the bottom only of an 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- In medium bowl, blend the ingredients for the cake EXCEPT for the peaches. Blend at low speed until moistened. Beat 1 minute at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and arrange the peach slices over the batter.
- In a small bowl, mix the topping ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over the peaches.
- Bake at 375F for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 30 minutes. Cut into squares and serve warm with either ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have two teenage children and am very happily married. We live in Southern, Ontario. <br /><br />I live to cook and just love to putter around the kitchen. I enjoy reading all kinds of cookbooks which I borrow from the library or buy second hand. I really like Taste of Home magazine, because the recipes are from ordinary people and aren't too complicated. I also like to read community or church cookbooks because you know that the recipe must be special for someone to share it. <br /><br />I discovered RecipeZaar because it was mentioned by someone in a cooking magazine...now I am hooked. I think it is so helpful to read the reviews and suggestions from others who have tried recipes before me. <br /><br />I always thought of myself as a pretty good cook, but I am learning so much since I have joined RecipeZaar. I really appreciate the ideas and feed back that everyone provides.</p> 114172283"