Poblano Rellenos-Appetizer or "just for 1" Meal.
This is a great snack, or a "meal for 1". Do not over blacken the peppers, or they will be too mushy to handle.
- Ready In:
- 4 poblano peppers
- 7 1⁄2 ounces black beans (canned)
- 1⁄4 cup red bell peppers or 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat broiler in oven.
- Lightly spray broiler pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Roast poblano peppers under broiler until LIGHTLY blackened and blistered, turning as necessary, watch closely.
- Place peppers in paper sack and seal. Let them sweat and cool for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, saute onion and bell pepper in sauce pan until soft. Add black beans and mash a small portion of them.
- Cook on low just until all veggies are heated through.
- Peel blackened skin off poblanos. Gently remove stem and butterfly open, scraping out seeds.
- Stuff lightly with veggie mixture and roll up.
- Grate a small amount of parmesan cheese over peppers and broil until cheese melts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 2 more