Poblano Chile Stuffed With Egg N Cheese
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 1 poblano chile, top cut off and seeded
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs (or other fine breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese, grated (choose another cheese if you like)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicy or even use a different spice and make it your own)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, whip the egg with a fork til evenly mixed.
- Add the panko, cheese and spices and mix.
- Stuff the poblano. I find it easy if I stand it up in a glass.
- Prop the poblano up in a ramekin or other vessel you can place in the oven -- muffin tins if you are making a bunch. Place that on a baking sheet to catch any expansion drips.
- Put the top on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Check to be sure all the egg is cooked by inserting a knife in the lower half of the poblano. If any liquid comes out, bake for a few more minutes.
- When done, the egg will all be set and fluffy and the poblano will be cooked but still have a little fresh tooth to it.
- Serve with a nice sharp knife.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As I am in South Florida, I have many edible fruits and perennial veggies in my yard. So, I like to cook with them.