Poached Salmon With Lemon Mayonnaise
photo by threeovens
- Ready In:
- 3 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3 slices lemons
- 3 sprigs fresh dill
- 4 peppercorns
- 4 salmon fillets (6 to 8-oz each)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- butter lettuce leaf
- 4 slices lemons
- 8 lemon wedges
- tomatoes, wedges
- Combine first 5 ingredients in deep skillet.
- Simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add salmon, cover and simmer until just cooked through, about 9 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Transfer salmon to plate, using 2 spatulas as aid.
- Reserve liquid in skillet.
- Cool salmon.
- Cover and chill until cold. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead.).
- Boil salmon poaching liquid in skillet until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 20 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, lemon peel, chives and parsley in medium bowl.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon poaching liquid.
- Season to taste with pepper. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Line platter with lettuce.
- Top with salmon.
- Make cut in each lemon slice from center to edge.
- Twist lemon slices and place atop salmon.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and tomatoes and serve with mayonnaise.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!