Plum Kissed Pear Jam
- Ready In:
- 3 cups pears, coarsely chopped or coarsely ground
- 1 cup pitted plum, coarsely chopped or coarsely ground
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package powdered fruit pectin
- 5 1⁄2 cups sugar
- In a kettle, combine pears and plums.
- Stir in pectin.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil.
- Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This jam is beautiful, I used the amount of fruit suggested but only 4 cups sugar, half of which was jam sugar so I didn't add pectin but also added a squeeze of lemon. The colour is gorgeous and although mine is not very thick due to less sugar content & less pectin used, it is very tasty all the same, Master 4 and Miss 9 both approve. I got 4 nice size jars out of this.