Plum Good Barbecue Basting Dipping Sauce
- Ready In:
2 Jars, one 8 oz.and one 16 oz.
- 3 cups washed pitted plums, with skins I used red but I suppose you could use other types as well. chop in food processor
- 1 (28 ounce) can chili sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, diced and then crushed
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, minced. i used canned
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Throughly chop plums in food processor then transfer into a cooking pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients except olive oil stirring between additions.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- simmer on stove for 15 minute or until the onions are translucent and it reaches a good saucy consistency.
- Add the olive oil, stir and remove from heat.
- After it cools down some you can put into a bowl or clean jars and transfer it into the refrigerator.
- Will keep in fridge for up to two weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!