Plum and Blueberry Crisp
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 3⁄4 cup whole almond
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup well-chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
For Fruit Filling
- 2 1⁄2 cups red plums, slightly under ripe,cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups blueberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Make topping first.
- Using a food processer and chopping blade, grind almonds using on/off turns.
- Add flour, sugar and butter through feed tube.
- Process until mixture starts to cling together (1 minute).
- Transfer topping mixture to bowl and crumble with a fork.
- Chill at least 30 minutes while preparing fruit filling.
- To make filling: Combine filling ingredients (plums- cinnamon) in a bowl.
- Let stand 30 minutes before proceeding.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour fruit filling into 2 quart baking dish.
- I use a corning ware casserole dish.
- Crumble topping over fruit.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until brown and bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>