Platanos Machos (Banana Murabba)
photo by snapcookindia
- Ready In:
- 4 green bananas
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 200 ml orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream
- 5 sliced almonds
- 5 cashew pieces
- Note: 1/2 cup = 100 ml.
- Trim off stems, halve the bananas and boil them in water. (not over boiled).
- After boiling, peel it and sliced it lengthwise.
- In a bowl, combine orange juice with icing sugar and 1 tablespoon of sugar and mix it well.
- Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in 1 tablespoon of oil in non-stick pan (preferably) and place banana slices and fry it from both the sides till golden brown.
- If excess oil is remaining then drain the slices on absorbent paper.
- Now add 1/2 tablespoon of oil in frying pan and place banana slices in it. Pour the orange juice mixture over it.
- Cook it on low flame for 5-10 minutes till the consistency of juice thickens and it coats the banana slices from both the sides.
- To serve, arrange banana slices with the orange sauce (orange juice thickens = orange sauce)on plate and decorate it with whipped cream and dry fruits and little sugar on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!