- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk, chilled
- 1 (14 ounce) can Nestle sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ripe plantains, peeled, cut in chunks
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sweet wine, such as vermouth
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lime zest (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- HEAT sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until dissolved and caramel colored. Quickly pour onto bottom of deep 9-inch round mold; swirl around bottom and sides to coat.
- COMBINE evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, plantains, wine, vanilla extract and lime zest in blender container; cover. Blend until smooth. Strain mixture into prepared mold. Place mold in large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with warm water to about 1-inch depth. Cover roasting pan loosely with foil.
- BAKE for 1 hour 10 to 30 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove foil; remove flan from water to wire rack. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- TO SERVE: Run small spatula around edge of mold. Invert serving plate over mold. Turn over; shake gently to release. Caramelized sugar forms sauce.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"