Planked Salmon With Basil Chive Butter
- Ready In:
For Basil Chive Butter:
- Blanch the basil leaves in boiling salted water just until wilted, about 10 seconds. (This will retain the color.).
- Drain and transfer to ice water.
- Drain again and squeeze dry in paper towels or dish towel. (The basil must be dry.).
- Chop roughly.
- Puree the basil with olive oil and salt, adding butter a bit at a time.
- Remove to a bowl and stir in chives.
- Chill until it can be molded.
- Form into 4 equal pieces.
- Chill until serving time.
- Soak cedar plank(s) in water to cover for 45 to 60 minutes. (You may have to weigh the plank(s) down with a can.).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Transfer plank to a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Brush bottom of salmon with butter and sprinkle with a bit of the seasoning.
- Place on the cedar plank.
- Brush top with butter and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Roast for 14 to 20 minutes, depending on thickness of salmon.
- Remove salmon to serving plates and top each piece with a piece of Basil Chive butter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a recently retired San Diego trial attorney and wanna-be professional chef-restauranteur. Why am I so passionate about cooking? I don't know. What I do know is that those who don't cook are missing out on one of life's truly enjoyable experiences! I have a collection of whimsical signs posted above my workbench at home, one of which states: Love people. Cook them tasty food. How true.</p> 8727975"