Plain Good and Simple Apple Pie
photo by mightyro_cooking4u
- Ready In:
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; mix with sliced apples.
- Line 9 inch pie plate with pastry.
- Fill with apple mixture.
- Cut up butter and dot the pie with the butter.
- NOTE: If your apples are not tart enough, sprinkle them with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- To make basket lattice top, cut 18 strips 3/4 inch wide with pastry wheel. Weave lattice on baking sheet generously sprinkled with sugar.
- Tilt baking sheet over far edge of filled pie and slide lattice onto filling.
- Trim and seal edges.(I flute mine).
- Sprinkle top with sugar. Fold strip of foil around the rim of crust, covering fluted edge.
- Or if you prefer, just top with another pastry, and cut holes to allow the steam to escape. Bake in hot oven 4oo degrees 55 to 60 minutes or until apples are done.
- Serve pie slightly warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have always loved to cook. This got me into trouble with my wieght, because I loved to eat what I cooked. I am now a weight watcher, I have to lighten most recipes. My favorite cookbooks are Taste of Home & Taste of Home Light. MY pet peeve is boxed dinners. I do love simple and quick though. I have 3 grown sons, one is in last semester of college, one is married and a new baby is on the way, so I will be grandma in January. My daughter-in-law hates to cook, they order prepared food off the internet, that makes me crazy. ha. I love animals, but right now only have one dog. A bloodhound. She is so loveable, I would recommend this breed to anyone as long as you have patience, but they are one of the most loving breeds out there.My married son has 3 lab. retrievers,a baby will be easy after those 3 monsters, as I lovingly called them when they were pups. My oldest son has a Rottwieller. I have had 3 Rotts, they have all pasted, buy they are a really great breed. They are so smart and loveable, I guess that's why people who chose to make them bad, can do so, all they want to do is please their owners. My real passion is shoes, shoes, shoes. I also love jewelry, but shoes, shoes, shoes,!!!!! Update I am finally grandma to the prettiest baby girl ever. She was born on Jan. 15, her name is Mariah. She is perfect!