photo by KiwiMegan
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 125 g butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 drops food coloring (any colour)
- 2 cups icing sugar (confectioner's)
- 3 tablespoons soft butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- food coloring (any colour)
- candy sprinkles, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius (350F). Line a 12-hole patty cake tin with paper cases.
- Put the flour, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and food colouring in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat for 4minutes or until the cake is smooth.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the paper cases until they are 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cupcakes have risen. Remove from the oven to cool.
- To make the icing: sift icing sugar into a bowl, and add the butter, hot water and a few drops of food colouring. Mix until smooth. Spread the icing over the cakes and top with sweets or sprinkles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm Megan, I love baking and trying new recipes especially for muffins and cookies.