photo by SkinnyMinnie
- Ready In:
- 1 French baguette
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 roma tomatoes, cut into 6 slices
- 24 basil leaves
- 48 slices pepperoni
- 24 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- Slice the baguette into 24 slices.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of each slice.
- Toast bread 3 inches from broiler for 1 minute per side.
- Rub one side of each piece of bread with peeled garlic clove.
- Top each slice of bread with 2 slices of tomato, 1 fresh basil leave, 2 slices of pepperoni, 1 slice of mozzarella, and 1/2 tsp grated Parmesan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for one minute, until cheese melts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I totally agree with Evelyn. It just doesn't get much better. I did chop the basil leaves and left the pepperoni off of mine but added it to Dave's. I didn't use french baguettes but Rita's <a href="/175061">Australian Cheese, Garlic and Chive Damper</a> which had just come out of the oven. It added great flavor to this simple snake, which ended up being dinner for us. thanks Kelbel
Absolutely LOVE these!!! Very easy to put together and such a delicious snack!! I will admit , I didn't measure the parmesan cheese ;) but other than that , stuck right to the recipe! I had NO CLUE you could get such a zippy garlic flavor just by rubbing a peeled clove over something! Awesome!! Thanks so much for posting!!
This was such a wonderful snack for us the other night! I did leave off the pepperoni and followed the rest of the recipe. We all gobbled up all 24 servings (there are 5 of us). Nothing I can really say except that it can't get much better than the last of the really good, vine-ripened tomatoes, prepared simply with fresh basil and lots of gooey, melty cheese. Comfort heaven!
see 1 more reviews