Pizza With Yorkshire Crust
Want to try something alittle different? Well this is a nice recipe. The crust is unusal, but very good!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 teaspoons wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 -10 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces tomato sauce or 8 ounces pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- parmesan cheese
- Crust: Place butter in a 9x13 pan and place into a hot oven (400 degrees) to melt.
- Mix the remaining ingredients.
- Take out pan and tilt it so the butter will coat bottom, reduce the heat of the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the crust over the top of the butter.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- While Crust is baking, prepare toppings.
- Toppings: heat oil in a small skillet and saute' onion, garlic until lightly brown.
- Stir in tomato sauce, oregano, salt.
- Spread the crust with the tomato mixture-- top with the cheese.
- BAke another 5 minutes to melt cheese and heat pizza through.
- NOTE: You can add mushroom, sausage or other toppings to the tomato mixture if you like.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The crust on this is baked rather like an oven baked pancake and as such, is swimming in butter. As a result the crust is not a crisp one but rather soft. The toppings in this recipe are rather basic. But this does make a pleasant change for a Sunday light dinner. My three year old ate without protest so it definately passes the kid-friendly test. Good if you want something quick and your pantry is running low on interesting things.Reply