MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The Chopped Cookbook (2014)
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 8 cups bread, stale and cubed
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Oil a 2 quart baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add garlic and swirl until golden.
- Stir in tomatoes with their juice, the oregano, salt and pepper. Simmer until thickened.
- Remove from heat when sauce is thickened.
- Beat eggs with half and half with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Beat into cooled tomato sauce and transfer into baking dish.
- Toss the bread and pepperoni in the tomato egg sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until set, about 35-40 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION