photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) package egg roll wraps
- 24 pieces mozzarella string cheese
- 25 pepperoni slices
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms (drained)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for frying if you choose not to bake)
- 1 (14 ounce) jar marinara sauce (I use Prego)
- Lay out the egg roll wrappers one at a time.
- Place one piece of string cheese in the center near the edge, then arrange some pepperoni, sliced mushrooms and garlic around the cheese (or the topping of your choice).
- Roll up the string cheese a little, fold in the sides, then continue to roll up, and seal the edge by moistening with water. Repeat with remaining wrappers, cheese and fillings.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet, or deep fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Fry enough to fit loosely in the pan, turning once after about 5 minutes. Continue to fry for 3 to 5 more minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. If baking, place on cookie sheet and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20-25 minute or until wrappers are golden brown.
- Warm the marinara sauce in a serving bowl in the microwave.
- Serve Pizza Sticks on a platter with the bowl of sauce for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is one of those recipes that I love because you can vary it so many ways and it is quick and easy and tastes good. I only made 8 to make sure we would like this and I made those as written except for using fresh mushrooms I sauteed. I baked them instead of frying. Next batch I plan to use Canadian bacon and perhaps some seasonings. Thank you for a keeper!
I have never been a big fan of cheese sticks, but I am now a convert! These were absolutely delicious, and so simple to make! I baked mine and had a slight problem with the cheese melting. I had to freeze a few, though, and I think that will help the cheese behave when I pull them out to cook. Thanks for posting! :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am 30 years old and I love to cook for my family of four.... I am married with two wonderful children.... That is them in the picture above.... It's a little old though.... Wesley will be five in June and Katelyn will be eight in June.... I'm always looking for new things to cook and try out on all of my family.... I'm also a teacher to 17 wonderful 3 yr. olds.... I'm always looking for quick, easy, and wonderful tasting food to fix that my whole family will enjoy... My husband is a picky meat and potatoes man.... SO, any time I fix something new that he likes, is amazing.... Wesley is like his daddy and loves to eat meat and potatoes, but he's also real good about trying other foods.... Katelyn, will eat whatever she can get her hands on.... Katelyn has some special needs and we have to watch what she eats and how she eats.... You can check out her website by clicking our link.... http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/katelyn For fun, I enjoy sewing, scrap booking, reading, and spending time with my kids. I also like to just sit and explore recipezaar. <a href="http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/gertc96/?action=view¤t=PRMRcopy.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b222/gertc96/PRMRcopy.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> My first ever swap. It was so much fun. <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w115/bugh8er/food%20and%20swaps/400035_d7f1b969-m3_1217872626.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> I participated in the biannual cookbook swap: <img src="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y164/lauralie41/cookbookswapspring08-2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> My first season to play PAC: <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">